April 3-4, 2020 Kyiv, Ukraine
Dear Scala Enthusiasts,
ScalaUA, the biggest Scala conference in Ukraine, warmly invites you to join our Speaker Team! As participants may remember, ScalaUA was a great success in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. For 5 years, our annual event runs 2 days in 2 streams, having 30+ sessions and features 30+ speakers from 10+ countries, who give their talks to 250+ conference participants. The event is Scala Community–driven. We are having three groups of talks:
- Advanced, focused on discussions of new ideas and highly experimental techniques
- Industrial, focused on the adoption of frameworks, tools and techniques to production, experience reports, etc.
- Educational, with a clear introduction to the theme, which can be interesting for relative novices in Scala.
ScalaUA provides a great opportunity for Scala users to interact with the contributors to the language and related technologies and connect with fellow developers. A format implies free ideas exchange and discussions after the talks.
Topics of interest
Submissions can include a broad range of topics interesting for Scala and Big Data Developers, Software Architects, Tech Leads and Researchers from compilers internals, Scala 3 and pure functional modelling to experience reports or industrial applications in Big Data Processing, Machine Learning, Blockchain Engineering, clouds and IoT. We expect talks focused on a technical content. With 2,000 Scala Developers in Ukraine, we are truly excited to invite you to contribute your talk to ScalaUA 2020.
For those Speakers who are planning to deliver their talks at Scala Days, ScalaUA Conference can become a really good training spot before coming out to a global stage with new content.
Advantages for Speakers
- A really cosy and warm atmosphere of the event. We will take care of you.
- Videos of high quality become available on Youtube really fast. You can also check out our YouTube channel for previous talks.
- Delicious and plentiful restaurant cuisine of Ukraine was admitted as the best one all over Scala conferences.
Guide for Speakers
The primary working language of the conference is English. Speeches will be recorded on video and shared shortly after the event on its YouTube channel within 1-2 days.
Deadline to submit talks is January 25. To submit your talk fill in the Speakers Registration Form.
To help you prepare and hold a successful presentation, feel free to check online resources for presenters:
- Finding Your Killer Talk Idea by Rachel Nabors
- The secret structure of great talks by Nancy Duarte
- Slide Design for Developers by Zack Holman
- My process: Writing a talk by Camille Fournier
- An Introvert’s Guide to Better Presentations by Matt Haughey
- How To Be An Amazing Public Speaker, Especially If You Are An Introvert by Mack Collier
- How To Respond To Anything In A Q&A by Judith Humphrey
- How to Handle Q&A’s Without Falling Apart by Anita Bruzzese
No visa needed for US/EU citizens to come to Ukraine. People who are having a Russian Federation citizenship, as well as of other non US/EU countries, should approach Organizing Committee personally by February 20 to get an Invitation Letter for ensuring their passing a border control successfully.
Personal Security and Safety
As usual, we pay a lot of our attention to provide a personal security and safety measures of our Speakers, Partners and Attendees during the event.
Important dates and details
Deadline to submit talks and provide your speech abstract (60-80 words), brief info about yourself (20-30 words), portrait photo (minimum resolution of 300 dpi) is January 25.
Notification of Speaker Acceptance is by February 1.
Deadline to provide an abstract and personal data corrections in it is February 1.
Conference Agenda will be available by February 15.
We kindly ask citizens of non US/EU countries including Russian Federation to request Invitation Letters from Organizing Committee personally by February 20.
Deadline to provide your arrival details, needed to request a hotel room booking and to get a transfer from the airport is March 10.
Deadline to provide us with your presentation (slides in 4:3 format) is March 15 (if applicable).
Please let us know if you are interested in Kyiv Historical Tour by March 20.
We engage all participants to follow the ScalaUA Code of Conduct.
Please keep updated your social media profiles and public code repositories to provide the conference participants with a broad information about your professional experience. Receiving our notification of acceptance, send us your speech abstract, brief info about yourself and your portrait photo by email to firstname.lastname@example.org — it will be incorporated into the Delegates Information Packs. The further details will be provided in a Speaker Acceptance email.
In case your Management is interested in ScalaUA conference partnership, feel free to provide them with Partnership Proposal. We would be happy to collaborate with your company!
We look forward to seeing you at ScalaUA 2020! And feel free to share this information with others.
Contacts of Organizing Committee for ScalaUA Conference
Ruslan Shevchenko, Natali Makovska and Victor Svistunov,
Organizing Committee Members for ScalaUA Conference